The 2nd house in Vedic Astrology is the house of wealth and material possessions. It signifies the things we value most in life, including our possessions, money, and self-esteem. This house also represents our ability to earn an income and accumulate wealth.
While, the 9th House is the house of luck and fortune. It is also called the House of Bhagya or Fate and Destiny. Things like Higher education, foreign travel, and philosophy are ruled by the 9th House. The 9th house is known as the house of Dharma in Vedic Astrology. It is associated with our highest ideals and aspirations. This house represents our ability to connect with the divine, and our ability to live in alignment with our highest truths.
The 2nd house lord sitting in the 9th house is an extremely auspicious position as here, the natives fate and destiny is directly connecting with the wealth. The native will not have to work very hard to earn wealth in his life, in other words, wealth comes easily into the life of the native. From the 9th house, planets directly aspect the 3rd house of hardwork, which in turn makes the native very hardworking, courageous and full of vigor. Such natives are often born in rich and wealthy families, or if not, they have enough capabilities to become very wealthy and rich in their life.
Today in this article, we are going to discuss the effects of 2nd House lord in the 9th house
Key Points to Remember about the 2nd house and 9th house
- The 2nd house is a Marak house, and is associated with wealth, accumulated wealth, ability to accumulate wealth, family, food habits, speaking style, speech, voice, mouth, tongue and inheritance.
- The 9th house is a Tri-Trikon House and is associated with Dharma, Religion, Luck, Fortune, destiny, Bhagya, Higher Studies, foreign travels and our Guru and Teachers.
- Combination of 2nd house lord and 9th house is always very auspicious, even if the planet in the 9th house becomes debilitated, it will still give good results in terms of wealth.
- All planets from the 9th house aspect the 3rd house, which is the house of hardwork, courage, bothers and sisters, self-efforts, media and communication.
- Malefic planets like Saturn, Rahu, Ketu and Mars give very auspicious results in the 9th house.
- While, having a benefic planet in the 9th house is even more auspicious.
- Sun and Jupiter are Karak planets in the 9th house. Thus having either Sun or Jupiter in the 9th house is considered to be extremely auspicious. This single placement alone makes the entire birth chart very strong.
- 9th house lord sitting in 6th, 8th or 12th house is not considered good. It weakens the fate and fortune of the native.
- Many auspicious Raj Yogas are formed only due to the relationship with the 9th house.
- Rahu also gives very good results in the 9th house.
Effects of 2nd house lord in the 9th house
- The native by birth will be very fortunate. He will be born in a rich and wealthy family. OR He will be born in a family with high religious values and dharma.
- Such natives easily accumulate wealth in their life. They can earn wealth easily and do not have to work very hard in life. If they make 2 steps in their career, their fate or bhagya will walk the rest of 8 steps.
- Such natives gain lots of inheritance in huge amounts or will be a part of a big wealth or parental wealth or property. If not, then such natives through their own hardwork, will be able to become very rich and wealthy in their life.
- Wealth from in-laws is also seen with this position of 2nd house lord.
- The native will be wealthy, and is born to be rich and prosperous in his life.
- The native will earn his wealth through foreign travels and from a foreign land. Such natives usually have lots of connection with foreign things.
- Such natives will do many pilgrimages and visitations of sacred places in their life.
- The native will be very charitable and it is recommended for such native to donate and help the poor. In doing so, the native will be blessed with even more wealth.
- The native will gain wealth from his father. However, the native can have a difficult childhood, but in the later years, he will be wealthy. This is true especially if the 9th house is under malefic influence.
- The native will earn wealth though speaking, public speaking or with his voice. Such natives can also earn their wealth through family business or they will be the ones who will grow their family business.
2nd House Lord in the 9th House for Different Ascendants
For Aries Ascendant, Venus is the lord of the 2nd house and is sitting in the 9th house in the sign of Sagittarius. Venus in the 9th house is going the make the Bhagya or fate and fortune of the native very strong. It will strengthen the 9th house and after marriage, the native will quickly grow at a fast rate in his life. His bhagya will be unlocked after marriage. The native will be religious minded, will enjoy all sorts of comforts and will be blessed with good and prosperous children. The native will live a very comfortable life, full of luxury, conveyances, dresses and ornaments. The father of the native will be long lived.
For Taurus Ascendants, Mercury is the lord of the 2nd house and is sitting in the 9th house in the sign of Capricorn. Here, Mercury is the lord of the 2nd and 5th house as well, thus Mercury creates a “Maha Bhagyawan Yoga”. The native born in this yoga will be extremely fortunate, very wealthy, full of glory, well cultured and will take interest in meditation. He will be very learned, a person of good conduct, a terrific orator and public speaker and will influence the masses.
For Gemini Ascendants, Moon is the lord of the 2nd house and is sitting in the 9th house in the sign of Aquarius. Moon here, also creates Maha Bhagya Yoga and the native by birth will be ver wealthy and rich in his life. He will be born in a very wealthy family, and will be fortunate in matters of children. His father will be long lived, while, the native will be highly learned and charitable.
For Cancer Ascendants, Sun is the lord of the 2nd house and is sitting in the 9th house in the sign of Pisces. Sun in the 9th House as we know is a Karak planet and Sun makes the Bhagya of the native very strong. The native will be very wealthy, will be devoted to religious rites and god. His father will be long lived and the native will be very hardworking and courageous. He will achieve all of his success in his life through his hardwork. Thus, for a hardworking person, fate and bhagya is bound to follow him.
For Leo Ascendants, Mercury is the lord of the 2nd house and is sitting in the 9th house in the sign of Aries. Mercury in the 9th house will make the native very fortunate in his life. He will gain the support from fate and destiny, and will be blessed with wealth, children and happiness. He will be of religious mind, a person of good moral conduct and will be proficient in his work. He will have excellent speaking skills.
For Virgo Ascendants, Venus is the lord of the 2nd house and is sitting in the 9th house in the sign of Taurus. Venus here creates two Raj Yogas, Maha Dhan Yoga and Maha Bhagyawan Yoga. There is no doubt, Venus here is extremely powerful and being the lord of the 2nd and sitting in the 9th house which is its own house, increases the auspiciousness of the 9th house. The native will be extremely fortunate, will enjoy all kinds of life comforts, luxuries, wealth, and will be exceedingly prosperous in his life. He will lead a life equivalent to that of a King.
For Libra Ascendants, Mars is the lord of the 2nd house and is sitting in the 9th house in the sign of Gemini. Here, Mars is the lord of the 7th house as well and is sitting in the 9th house. Thus, the native after marriage will experience lots of growth in his life. His wealth and financial condition will improve and his will gain success and prosperity in his life. People will be jealous of the native, while, he will get favors from the king. The native will be wealthy and fortunate, but will have a cruel mind.
For Scorpio ascendants, Jupiter is the lord of the 2nd house and is sitting in the 9th House in the sign of Cancer. Jupiter here becomes exalted in the sign of Cancer, thus, it will give extremely auspicious results. The native will be Maha Bhagyawani and thus, the native will be blessed with fame, name, wealth, status and will enjoy all kinds of life comforts in his life. The native will worship family gods, and will be a king, a minister, or a commander in chief of an army.
For Sagittarius Ascendants, Saturn is the lord of the 2nd House and is sitting in the 9th house in the sign of Leo. Saturn in the 9th house gives good results, as long as Sun is also strongly positioned in the birth chart. In that case, the native will be wealthy, will gain inheritance, and will be endowed with children and happiness from children. If Saturn is afflicted in the 9th house, then the father of the native will be short lived.
For Capricorn Ascendant, Saturn is the lord of the 2nd house and is sitting in the 9th house in the sign of Virgo. Here Saturn itself is the Lagnesh and is sitting in the 9th house, thus, Saturn gives very auspicious results as here, the native himself has connected with his destiny and dharma. The native by birth will be very fortunate. It is as though, fate and destiny walks with him and supports him all the time. The native will be able to become very wealthy, rich and prosperous in his life.
For Aquarius Ascendants, Jupiter is the lord of the 2nd house and is sitting in the 9th house in the sign of Libra. Jupiter here its Karak house and gives extremely positive results. The native by birth will be very fortunate. He will be very wealthy and will enjoy lots of success, wealth, fame, name, status and all kinds of life comforts in his life. The native will lead a life equivalent to that of a king and will own palatial mansion, devotee of brahmins and loved by his near relations.
For Pisces Ascendant, Mars is the lord of the 2nd House and is sitting in the 9th house in the sign of Scorpio. Mars in the 9th house is in its own sign and here, Mars makes the Bhagya of the native very strong. The native will be very fortunate, and hardworking. He will achieve all of his success and wealth in his life through his own handwork and self-efforts. However, the native will have a cruel mind.