In India, you may have noticed that women fast from sunrise to moonrise and pray for the long life of their husband. This ritual is essentially called Karva Chauth and it’s a ritual that every Indian women does for the longevity of their husband.
Everyone in this world wishes to live very long, and many people you see live for more than a hundred years. Life meaning “Ayu” in Hindi is a vast topic in Astrology and there various factors in astrology by which, we can determine whether a person will live long or not.
Longevity, Houses and planets associated with long life span
In Vedic Astrology, the 8th house represents death and it is known to be called as the House of Death in Vedic Astrology. The 8th house also represents, secrets and hidden things in life.
While, in contrast, it is from the 8th house, we determine how long a person will live in his lifetime.
A strong 8th house can mean that the person will live long in his life. However, life itself is a form of suffering and that fact that we are living itself is a suffering. The 8th house also represents the misery, hardships and suffering in life.
This is the reason why, when a native has his 8th house too strong, even though he lives very long, he does face lots of obstacles, challenges and suffering in his lifetime.
However, the aspects of some planets on the 8th house grants the native will a very long life.
Saturn is the main Karak planet for the 8th house. When ever Saturn aspects or sits in the 8th house, the native lives long in his lifetime.
Similarly, Sun is the king of all planets and Sun represents our soul and our heart. When ever Sun aspects or sits in the 8th house, then also the native will have long life span.
Apart from the 8th house, it is also important to see the 1st house. Because the 1st house represents us or our body. Whenever, the 1st house is strong in the birth chart, the native lives for a long time.
Another important factor to consider is the 8th house lord. The strength of the 8th house lord eventually determines how long the person will live. If the 8th house lord is afflicted by planets like Rahu and Mars, the native becomes prone to accidents, and illnesses in his lifetime.
Vedic Astrology Yogas for Long life
- If the 8th house lord is in the Kendra houses, this is a good sign that the native will have a long life.
- If Saturn aspects the 8th house or the 8th house lord, the native will have long life.
- Similarly, if Saturn is in the 1st house, then also the native will have long life, however, the native may face lots of delays in his life regarding career growth and work. But he will be very successful.
- Sun in the 8th house is also a strong indication of long life. The planet Sun grants the native with longevity, however, he may face troubles with his bones.
- Jupiter aspecting the 8th house lord or the 8th house is a strong indication of long life. Jupiter here protects the native from illnesses and diseases.
- If the 8th house doesn’t have any aspect or planets in it, the native will live long in his life.
- If Jupiter and Venus are in Kendra to each other from any position, the native will live for a long time.
- The native will live long, if Jupiter and Moon are in the 11th house and 8th house, while the ascendant and the ascendant lord is in a strong position in the birth chart.
- Saturn’s aspect on the 8th house from any position grants the native will long life.
- If Jupiter and Moon are in Kendra to each other in the 6th or 8th house, the native will live for a hundred years. While, Jupiter protects the native from diseases.
- If the 8th house lord is with Saturn or Sun, the native will have a long life.
- If Jupiter is in the ascendant, benefics are placed in Kendra houses, while Moon is unafflicted, the native will live long in his life.
- If the native is born during the Purnima or Full moon phase of moon, and this so happens in the 11th house, while Saturn rules the 9th house, the native lives long.
- If the ascendant lord is exalted or in it’s own sign aspected by Jupiter, while there is no malefic aspects on the 8th or 8th house lord, the native lives long in his lifetime.