Manglik Dosha or Mangal Dosh, also called kuja dosha or chovva dosham is a combination in birth chart when the planet Mars in placed in 2nd, 4th, 7th, 8th and 12th house. Mars placed in these houses creates Mangal Dosh and the person is known as Manglik. Mars placed in 1st house also creates a Mangal dosh.
Mars is the planet of War, soldier of kings and the planet of war. Mangal dosh create a lot of unfavourable circumstances in the life of a person, especially marriage. It is said to create disturbances in the house it sits in.
Effects of Manglik Dosha
Manglik dosha in 2nd house: Here Mars is in the 2nd house of birth chart. In this case, the family life of the native is negatively affected. The person may face of lot of problems in his professional life. Wealth of the native is also affected.
Manglik Dosha in 4th house: Mars in 4th house creates huge disturbances in the job and work life of the native. The native may find it hard to get jobs and even work in his workplace. Such a person may shift between many jobs and the person can face financial problems.
Manglik Dosha in 8th house: When Mars comes into the 8th house, it makes the person very lazy. Here Mars can make the person very careless and the person becomes very poor in handling financial matters and sometimes, he may lose his parental properties due to his careless nature.
Manglik Dosha in 12th house: Mars in 12th house makes the person face a lot of mental problems. At the same time, such a native will have many enemies in his lifetime. The person may also lose his wealth and face a harsh financial crises.
General problems that may arises for a Manglik person:
- Problems in marriage and unnecessary delay in marriage.
- Obstacles and hurdles in Marriage.
- Problems in married life.
- Cold and bad relations with the in-laws.
- Possibility of divorce.
- Problems in career, wealth, finance.
One should also remember that one has to look at the sign which Mars in placed in and any benefic or malefic aspects. It is not always true that a person who is Manglik will get a divorce and face financial crisis. Any benefic aspects of Jupiter and Venus may reduce the negative effects of the Mangal Dosh.
Mars usually affects the native until the age of 28 and in some cases until the age of 34.
One should not worry if the marriage of a manglik person is delayed. The delay of marriage signifies that the negative effects will be reduce and actually save the marriage.
Cancellation of Manglik Dosha
A person who is considered Manglik may have their Manglik Dosha cancelled or have its negative effects reduced under the following circumstances.
- If Mars is very near to the Sun(within 8° from the sun), or in the debilitated sign then there will not be any Manglik Dosha.
- If Mars is in the conjunction with Rahu or Ketu and or Saturn or Sun.
- If Mars is in the conjunction or aspected by Jupiter or friendly planets. The effect of Mangal Dosh is reduced or diluted.
- If Mars is in the sign of Gemini or Virgo then Mangal Dosh comes into effect partially and the effects are reduced.
- If Mars is in the sign of Sagittarius or Pisces, Mangal dosh is partial.
- If Mars is in it’s own sign which is Aries or Scorpio then Mangal dosha reduced and diluted.
- If Mars is in Taurus or Libra in 12th house, Mangal Dosh is diluted.
- If Mars is aspected by Jupiter then the Mangal Dosh is cancelled.
- If Venus is in it’s exaltation sign which is Pisces in 1st, 4th, 7th and 10th house then the Mangal Dosh is cancelled.
- If both Boy and Girl are Manglik, then the Mangal Dosh is fully cancelled.
Remedies for Manglik Dosha
When there is Manglik Dosha for both the boy and the girl, it is considered good and the marriage life of the couple will not have any obstacles. It is therefore advised that a Manglik person should always try and look for a Manglik spouse as the Mangal dosha cancels each other out.
- Offer your prayers to Lord Ganesha with a garland of yellow marigold (Genda-fool) flowers, Durva grass, offering his favorite Modaka or Ladoos (sweet) on Tuesday.
2. You may perform the Rituals for 40 days or 90 days. Offer yellow Marigold flowers in multiples of 9 (minimum 9) to the idol of Shri Ganesha, put sandalwood and water paste mark (tilaka) on the forehead of Lord Ganesha.
Then put it on your forehead and chant the Mantra “Om Gan Ganapataye Namo Namah!” or “Om Shree Ganeshaye Namah!” to please Lord Ganesha.
3. On a Thursday you may keep fast to please GuruJupiter if Jupiter in your astrological chart is strong and well placed in your horoscope.
4. There will be four holy Monday in the month of Sawan (Shravan). Shrawan begins on 17th July 2019 in Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Bihar, and all North India.
5. You may offer approximately 1 and 1/4 kg. sweets made from milk especially white colored to your aunt (sister of your mother or father)
6. One should be involved in charity for the poor or the needy, which will be rewarded in the long run.
7. Avoid wearing red clothes, especially on Tuesday. Donate sweets or red colored things on Tuesdays.
8. Additionally, you can also wear the MANGLIK KAVACH – TO REMOVE ILL EFFECTS OF MANGAL/MANGLIK DOSH.