The 8th house is one of the most important houses in Vedic Astrology. It’s so called the house of secrets, or more specifically, the house of death. Death in our life is a secret that everyone wishes to know, yet, it’s only the one’s who die know what happens after death. As long as we are alive, death is like mystery box or a locked door that never ceases to open.
Every time, we talk about the 8th house, there is always something new or some secret that we will discover about the 8th house. It’s a very special house, yet a very difficult one as well.
Today, in this article, we will discuss about the 8th house, and the secrets tied to it. What does the 8th house in astrology indicate and what the house represents.
The 8th House in Vedic Astrology and Long Life
While, the 10th house and the 9th house are two of the most important houses in our birth chart as both of these houses represents our career and bhagya or so called fate and fortune. The 8th house in Vedic astrology governs our longevity in our life. How long we are going to live and do we have the yoga for living upto a 100 years?. All of these is governed by the 8th house.
For any person to achieve great success in life, earn good wealth, live a healthy life and gain name, fame and status in the society, the one thing that is important for the person is to be able to live long in his life. Because if the person achieves all his success and dies halfway through, he won’t be able to really be fully satisfied or be able to enjoy his success. This is the reason why, we look at the strength and condition of the 8th house to analyze the longevity of the person or so called “Ayu”.
The 8th house Karak planets in Vedic Astrology
In Vedic Astrology, Saturn is seen to be as the Karak planet of the 8th house. The planet Saturn grants the native long life, and longevity in his lifetime, when Saturn is in the 8th house in his birth chart.
Along with that, Ketu is also gives good results in the 8th house. As Ketu here makes the native have the yoga for Sudden wealth in his lifetime. However, the native may have the probability of suffering a hidden disease.
Rahu and Mars are not considered to be auspicious in the 8th house as both of these planets bring the yoga for accidents in the person’s life.
The 8th house and What it Represents in Vedic Astrology
The 8th house in Vedic Astrology holds huge importance in our lives, and although it is one of the malefic houses or so called “Dusthanas”, it is also the house that is responsible for the overall happiness and satisfaction in our life. The 8th house whenever, it makes a connection with any other house, it causes problems, challenges and obstacles related to that house. While, many times, people achieve sudden wealth and growth in life, or you may have heard people, suddenly rising to fame, success and wealth in their life, this is also seen from the 8th house.
Let’s take a look at what aspects of life, does the 8th house represents.
- Firstly, the 8th house represents our long life or “Ayu” in Vedic Astrology. As the 8th house represents death, how long we are going to live in this life is determined through the 8th house.
- It also represents our peace and comforts in our life. Whether we will be able to live a comfortable or a life full of struggles and challenges, all of these are governed by the 8th house. The 8th house is 5 houses away from the 4th house, which is one of the houses that governs with luxury, peace and comforts. How comfortable will you be in your life, is governed through the 4th house. The strength of this is indicated by the 8th house. As many times, people have a strong 4th house, while, their 8th house or 8th house lord is in a bad condition, due to which, even though they have lots of luxury, peace and comforts in their life, they are not able to enjoy it fully as they just don’t have the time for it as they are busy or facing lots of challenges and movement in their life.
- The fights and arguments, competition and challenges are seen through the 6th house. However, whether a person will become victorious or face defeat in life is indicated by the 8th house. Sometimes, you see people living a life full of enemies, challenges and competition, yet if you meet them, they say, they are able to have the best sleep everyday. This is mainly because of the their 8th house giving good results. While, sometimes, you see people making lots of money, yet they lead a life full of tension, misery and problems.
- Sudden wealth in life is also seen from the 8th house. The 8th house has a direct connection with the 2nd house, and it connected with the hidden wealth in our life. You may have heard sometimes, people finding gold, jewelry or suddenly winning lottery or money in their life. Such kind of sudden events that happen in our life is governed though the 8th house. Especially, if Ketu makes a connection or is in the 8th house then, this is a strong yoga for gaining sudden wealth in our life.
- Death is also seen from the 8th house. As we know, the 8th house itself represents death. However, the fear of death is seen from the 8th house. Many times, you’ve seen people never fearing death, whether a person will fear death or not is also seen from the 8th house. At the same time, the ways a person will die is also seen from the 8th house. The reasons for the death and the conditions.
- The 8th house represents our sexual organs and according to Kaal Purush Birth chart, the 8th house is represented by the Scorpio Zodiac sign. It is the house of secrets and many secret diseases or hidden diseases is seen from the 8th house. Diseases related to our sexual organs is also seen from the 8th house.
- Another incredible thing about the 8th house is that, even knowledge and intelligence is seen from this house. The 8th house is the house of hidden knowledge and occult sciences. All the people who have the ability to research deep into a subject for long years have a strong connection with the 8th house. The 8th house represents research, scientists and also astrologers and people who have dedicated their life into researching a single feat of science or subject. Even gaining or wanting to know Moksha is seen from the 8th house. All the yogis and sanyasi’s is seen from the 8th house.
- The enemies of one’s brothers is also seen from the 8th house. As the 3rd house is the house of our siblings or brothers and sisters and the 3rd house is 6 houses away from the 8th house.
- The illnesses and diseases faced by one’s spouse is also seen from the 8th house. As the 7th house is 2nd from the 8th house which makes it a marak house.
- Mental health problems, depression and anxiety is also seen from the 8th house
- Laziness is also seen from the 8th house. If the 8th house is afflicted by bad planets like Rahu then, the native becomes lazy in life or faces the problem of laziness.
- Our sins in life, is also seen from the 8th house. As we know, no one wishes to disclose the sins they have done in their life. So, that is also seen from the 8th house.
- The 8th house is also the house of accidents. In life we are born with all the body parts and bodily functioning. Having the yoga for losing one of them is seen from the 8th house.
- Sadness and disappointment in life is also represented by the 8th house. Many times in life, we face lots of sadness and disappointment and one problems goes away, another one comes in. All the disappointments in our life is indicated by the 8th house.
- Yogas for foreign settlement or living in a foreign land is also seen from the 8th house. The reason is because according to our Vedic Shastras, leaving one’s homeland is equivalent to death itself. However, in today’s day and age, the world has become one and infact, many people wish to leave their home country and work and grow their career in a foreign land.
The 8th House in Vedic Astrology | How does it become weak or strong?
The 8th house as you can see controls a lot of important things in our life. Right from death, accidents to health, wellness and the overall happiness and comforts that we experience in our life.
How do we know if our 8th house is strong or in a weak condition? Lets find out.
- If the 8th house is not aspected by any planets or if there are no planets in the 8th house, then according to Vedic Astrology, it is said to be in a strong condition or in a good state.
- If there are aspects of malefic planets like Rahu, Ketu, Mars or Saturn in the 8th house, then it is not considered to be good. As it makes the 8th house weak.
- If the 8th house is in a “Paap Kartari Yoga” that is if both sides of the house is occupied by planets like Rahu or Ketu or other malefic planets, then the 8th house brings problems into the life of the person.
- If the 8th house lord is in a debilitated condition or in an enemy sign, then the native experiences lots of challenges, troubles and problems in his lifetime. The native goes through severe hard work and struggles in his lifetime. The native constantly experiences mental turbulences.
The 8th house in Vedic Astrology the Secrets of Death
In our life, at some point, we will want to know how we will die in our life. All of us have this hidden desire to know death and find the meaning of life. Through Vedic Astrology, we can to some extend find some hidden clues and secrets as to how we will die in our life.
- When the 8th house is aspected or has benefic planets like Venus, Mercury, Jupiter or Moon, then the native will experience a smooth or auspicious death. He will not struggle during the time of his death.
- If the 8th house has malefic planets like Rahu, Ketu or Mars, then the native may experience death due to sudden accidents in his lifetime.
- If the 8th house is ruled by the Zodiac signs of Saturn, then the native will experience death in his own homeland or home.
- While, if the 8th house is ruled by the signs of Jupiter, then the native experiences death near a temple.
- Death from health issue or disease is seen when Rahu or Mars are in conjunct in the 8th house, or if Saturn and Mars are together in the 8th house.
- If the 8th house is ruled by a fire sign, then there is a possibility that the native will die and not be cremated but instead, his body will be burned.
- Similarly, if the 8th house is ruled by an earth sign, then there is a possibility that after the death of the native, his body will be cremated.
- While, if the 8th house is ruled by a water sign, the native may die through the possibility of drowning, or the native may have his dead body being thrown into a river.
The 8th house can be ruled by a fire sign, water sign, wind sign, earth sign or sky sign and depending on the sign and the position of planets, we have to determine the probable way, a person can experience death in his life time. Ofcourse, this a very deep topic of discussion which actually needs a separate article itself, dedicated to discussing it. As there are lots of factors involved, including the placement of planets, aspects and so much more.
- Animal Astrology4 years ago
Significance of Pigeons Coming To Your House
- Astrology4 years ago
How To Read Navamsa Chart In Vedic Astrology (D9 Chart)
- Astrology3 years ago
Benefits of Chanting Siddha Kunjika Stotram
- Animal Astrology3 years ago
Benefits of Feeding Dogs in Astrology: How They Help Remove Graha Dosh
- Astrology3 years ago
Massive Fame In Vedic Astrology
- Animal Astrology3 years ago
Meaning of Owl Coming To Your House Or Seeing One| Owl Symbolism in Vedic Astrology
- Animal Astrology3 years ago
Bird Poop Meaning In Vedic Astrology: Does it Bring Good Luck?
- Astrology3 years ago
Budh Aditya Yoga Benefits In Different Houses: Can It make you Ultra Successful?