The 2nd house is the house of wealth in Vedic Astrology. It is the house of accumulated wealth, inheritance, and the ability of a person to save his money. The 2nd house is also the house of one’s father’s wealth. Whenever, the 2nd house connects with the 1st house, it represents that the native will earn his wealth through his own efforts.
It also means that the native will have to put in effort and hard work into earning wealth in his life. Regardless of that, the native will be wealthy, rich and prosperous in his lifetime, as here the house of wealth is directly connecting with the house of the self. It is attaching itself with one’s individuality and energy, thus, the native not only wishes and dreams of becoming wealthy, but he will make an effort to earn his wealth and will become successful in his life.
Today, in this article, we’ll look at the effects of 2nd house lord in the 1st house.
The 1st house in Vedic Astrology
- The 1st house is called the “Lagna” or the Ascendant. It is also known as the Tanu Bhava.
- It relates to our self-image and how we appeal to others in our lives.
- The 1st house governs with our physical appearance, our behavior, personality and temperament.
- The 1st house also indicates the childhood period of our lives or at the time when we were most happy.
- It is the beginning of everything and thus, the 1st house also represents our inner vitality, strength, physical endurance, and our basic senses.
- The ruling sign of the 1st house is Aries, and the planet is Mars.
- Head, upper facial region and our overall body is indicated by the 1st house.
- The 1st house also represents the present moment in our life.
- Sun and Jupiter gives very strong results in the 1st house.
The 2nd house in Vedic Astrology
- The 2nd house is all about our wealth and material possessions in our life.
- It represents our family, family inheritance, father’s inheritance, and the 2nd house is also called the “Dhana Bhava”.
- The core concept of the 2nd house is the seek security through the material world, thus, the 2nd house is a “Marak Bhava”.
- Our food habits, greed, addictions, bad habits, eating habits, and speech is indicated by the 2nd house.
- The 2nd house represents our teeth, tongue, oral cavity, nose and the right eye.
- The ruling sign of the 2nd house is Taurus and Venus is the ruling planet.
- Mercury gives excellent results in the 2nd house as it is a Karak house for Mercury.
- The 2nd house represents our family members, close friends and all the activities that gives us pleasure and makes us feel connected with each other.
The 2nd House Lord in the 1st House
- The native has the potential to become very rich and wealthy in his lifetime. This is a very strong position for wealth and financial matters.
- Since the 1st house is the house of self-efforts, the native will earn his wealth using his own will and effort.
- If the 2nd house is weak, or the 2nd house lord is weak, the native will face troubles in accumulating wealth, making money or saving money. He will incur a lot of expenses in his lifetime.
- The native will be very much attached to his family, wife and children. He will spend most of his time, taking care of, thinking, and helping his family. The native can also work in his own family business, and if such natives run their own family business, he will be able to take his business to a great level.
- The native will be very rich and wealthy in his lifetime.
- Such natives are really good with finances. They are the people who can easily understand money and make money in their life.
- If the 2nd house lord is malefic or afflicted, then the native will be very lustful. He will be hard-hearted.
- The native can become selfish regarding monetary and financial matters.
- The native will love to flaunt and talk good about himself, however, he enjoys the pleasures of speaking and will possess excellent oratory skills and communication skills.
- If the 2nd house lord is strong then, the native earns his wealth through his speech. He will have excellent speaking abilities.
- However, if the 2nd house and the 2nd house lord is afflicted, or weak, then the native faces troubles in his speech. It can be difficult for him to talk with others, he may face the problem of hesitation, or he may possess a harsh voice.
- The native can become very inclined towards materialistic desires and wealth. He will be sensitive about wealth and materialistic happiness.
- If the 2nd house is weak, then the native can face eye sight problems, especially, if Sun is also weak in the birth chart.
- The native will be lustful as the 2nd house is 8th from the 7th, thus the 2nd house is also a marak house.
- The native will have a good family and will also do good for the family. The native will care for his family. However, if the 2nd house or the 2nd house lord is afflicted, then the native goes against his family and will face problems in his family.
- The native will rise in his life, the more he respects and serves his family and parents.
- The native will lots of wealth in inheritance and ancestral wealth.
Sun as the Lord of the 2nd house sitting in the 1st house
- The native can experience boils in his body, as now Sun is in a water sign in the sign of cancer.
- The native will be valiant, obstinate, and will be cruel-hearted. He may face problems with his eyes. The native can have inflamed eyes.
- The native will be quick to temper, proud, lazy, and unforgiving. The native will have a high forehead, while he suffers from the bilious disease
- The native although has an emotional personality, will lose this trait due to Sun sitting in the 1st house.
- The native will earn his wealth through his own self-efforts and hard work.
- The native will be kind but he may be arrogant, egoistic, and impatient. He can also sometimes become lazy if the 1st house is afflicted in the birth chart.
- The native will be good-looking, will possess a bright face, and will have an attractive and magnetic personality.
- The native will gain wealth and inheritance from his parents and ancestors.
Moon as the Lord of the 2nd house sitting in the 1st house
- The native-born will have a short height, round face, and will be generally good-looking.
- He will be kind and will be soft-hearted by nature.
- The native may frequently suffer from cold and flu-related diseases, however, this becomes more if Moon is afflicted in the birth chart.
- The native will have a soft, but attractive style of speaking. He will be a good speaker who will possess charm.
- The native may face ups and downs in terms of wealth as it is the nature of the Moon, just like how to affects the ocean tides, so it does upon different aspects of our life.
- The native can suffer from cold and cough-related diseases and lung diseases.
- Since the 2nd house lord is in the 1st house, the family will be of great importance for the native. The native can work on family business and will be wealthy and prosperous in his lifetime.
Mars as the Lord of the 2nd House sitting in the 1st House
- Mars is energy, vitality, and internal strength and vigor, and if the lord of the 2nd house Mars is sitting in the 1st house, then the native will be short-tempered.
- The native will not be able to hide his anger, he will have quick temper and anger.
- The native will also be very impatient and the native tends to make quick decisions or decisions at haste. This can lead him to make lots of wrong decisions in his lifetime.
- Mars here will make the native very intelligent, bright, knowledgable and very skilled in different forms of arts. Such natives are often known to be called as bright students in their school.
- The native will be a top-level businessman in his life. He will possess great business skills. As Mars from the 1st house directly aspects the 7th house of business.
- However, Mars here will make the native Manglik, which means that the native can face lots of difficulties and challenges in maintaining his married life. This problem increases if the native’s spouse is not Manglik.
- The native will spend his wealth and money on luxury and comforts and he will also possess and acquire lots of wealth, land, and vehicles in his lifetime.
Mercury as the Lord of the 2nd house sitting in the 1st house
- Mercury in the 1st house being the 2nd house lord is a very auspicious position. Mercury from 1st house directly aspects the 7th house which is the house of business.
- Here Mercury brings growth and prosperity in the business of the native, and such natives have excellent business skills.
- The native becomes a great communicator or will have good speaking skills. He may or may not pursue public speaking, but he will have the ability to influence others with his speech.
- Such natives can also do well in businesses related to the use of voice or speech.
- This is also a very strong yoga for wealth as, here the 2nd house lord is directly connecting with the 1st house, the native spends most of his life, earning wealth and taking care of his family.
- Such natives have their families as their first priority in their life, however, if the 2nd house or the 2nd house lord is afflicted by planets like Rahu, Ketu, or Saturn then it may create fights or tense environments in the family. However, the native should remember that his family is his greatest strength and he should adapt himself and learn to grow and live with his family.
- The native will gains lots of wealth from his parents and inheritance, and he will also earn his wealth through his own self-efforts in his life. While, such natives have very strong family support due to which, they are able to further grow their wealth and money in their life.
- Such natives can also wear the gemstones of Mercury, and Panna and take the full benefits of Mercury. By wearing the gemstone Panna, one gains efficiency in speaking, their intelligence will widen and expand, and one will gain success in their business ventures.
Jupiter as the lord of the 2nd house sitting in the 1st house
- Jupiter is also a planet that represents expansion, growth, and sharpness, thus, Jupiter in the 1st house will make the native have strong anger.
- Here, the native will be very knowledgeable and intelligent. He will possess great wisdom and knowledge in his lifetime, however, he will also have a personality where he gets angry fast.
- The native will have a very peaceful and good married life as Jupiter from the 1st house directly aspects the 7th house of marriage.
- The native will be wealthy in his life, he will be able to earn and accumulate a good amount of wealth, most of which will be earned through his own self-efforts and knowledge.
- The native will be blessed with good children and he will be very fortunate in his life, as from the 1st house, Jupiter aspects the 9th house of Bhagya or Fate and fortune.
- Jupiter in the 1st house is always said to give good results and it is a very auspicious position for Jupiter to be in. There is no doubt, the native who has Jupiter in the 1st house, is extremely fortunate or so called “Bhagyawani” in his lifeitme.
Venus as the lord of the 2nd house sitting in the 1st house
- Venus in the 1st house will make the native become very attractive. He will possess attractive looks and will be able to influence others with his attractiveness and personality.
- The native here become very wealthy or so called “Maha-Dhani” in his lifetime as Venus is the lord of the 2nd house which is the house of wealth and is sitting in the 1st house.
- The native will have inherited wealth and inherited properties in his life in huge amounts.
- The native will have a beautiful life and Venus here makes the married life of the native very strong.
- Venus here brings success in the business of the native. The native will be a successful businessman.
- Businesses related to the planet Venus such as beauty, cosmetics, beauty products, saloons, restaurants, luxury real estate, and many other women-related businesses will be suitable for such natives.
- Of Venus is retrograde here, then the native will face character problems and self-image problems. Such natives should always protect their self-image and should not indulge in activities that makes a bad name in society.
- While retrograde Venus also makes the native become very lustful and such natives are overly attracted to their opposite sex.
Saturn as the lord of the 2nd house sitting in the 1st house
- The native becomes “Maha-Dhani” or will have the potential to earn lots of wealth in his lifetime.
- As Saturn in the 1st house is the lord of the 2nd house makes the native lust for wealth and money. Although the native may not earn his wealth quickly, over the course of his life, if he stays disciplined, and works hard long enough, such natives can amass lots of wealth.
- The native will possess a very strong personality, as Saturn here in the 1st house expands the character and the nature of the native.
- The native can face slow growth in his married life. Early marriage life can be very dull, but as the marriage grows, the relationship will slowly become strong.
- Saturn from the 1st house aspects the 7th house of business, where the native gains good scope and success in his business.
- The native benefits from his father and his father will support the native.
- Gains from government and government jobs is also seen from this position of Saturn.