In Vedic Astrology, there are thousands of Yogas and combinations and out of those thousands and thousands of Yoga’s, there is one Raj Yoga that can completely change a person’s life from rags to riches. It is called Neech Bhanga Raj Yoga. The basic concept of Neecha Bhanga Raj Yoga is simply the idea that a planet that is in a state of debilitation or weak instead of giving bad results, starts to give good results to the person. This happens because of Neecha Bhanga Raj Yoga due to some planetary combinations and sign exchanges that give rise to this Yoga. (I’ll explain how yoga happens and why in great detail later in this article?).
But for now, just understand that Neecha means Weak and Bhanga means cancellation, therefore the yoga exactly means that a weak planet gets it’s weak state cancelled and starts to give good results.
It not only holds huge importance in Vedic Astrology, but our ancient Rishis say that the person who has this Yoga will be very fortunate in life.
For now let’s understand Neecha Bhanga Raj Yoga in a more detailed manner.
How is Neecha Bhanga Raja Yoga formed in a birth chart?
In order to understand Neech Bhang Raj Yoga, you have to first understand some basic concepts of Vedic Astrology. The concepts are very simple and I’ll lay it down for you in a quick manner with an example, so that you can understand how the Yoga is formed right in this article.
As we talked about, Neecha means a weak state or debilitated(Debilitation) while Ucha means a very strong state or Exalted(Exaltation). All the planets in Vedic Astrology have their own zodiac signs where the planet gets strong. While the planets also have enemy zodiac signs where the planet gets debilitated or gets into a weak state.
- Mercury gets exalted in Virgo (6), Strong in Gemini (3), and Debilitated in Pisces (12)
- Venus gets exalted in Pisces (12), Strong in Taurus (2) and Libra (7), and Debilitated in Virgo (6).
- Mars gets exalted in Capricorn (10), Strong in Aries (1) and Scorpio (8), and Debilitated in Moon (4).
- Sun gets Exalted in Aries (1), Strong in Leo (5), and Debilitated in Libra (7).
- Moon gets exalted in Taurus (2), Strong in Cancer (4), and Debilitated in Scorpio (8).
- Jupiter gets exalted in Cancer (4), Strong in Sagittarius (9) and Pisces (12), and Debilitated in Capricorn (10).
- Saturn gets exalted in Libra (7), Strong in Capricorn(10) and Aquarius (11) and Debilitated in Aries (1).
Formation of Neecha Bhanga Raja Yoga
1. If the Debilitated planet is in conjunction with the planet lord of the sign that caused the debilitation, Neecha Bhanga Raj Yoga is formed and the cancellation of the bad effects of the Neecha Planet happens.
Example 1: Cancellation of debilitation due to Neecha Bhanga Raj Yoga due to conjunction.
- In the Chart, Moon is debilitated in Scorpio(8), as you can see in the 1st house.
- Planet Lord of Scorpio is Mars and Mars is in conjunction with Moon.
- Mars is also in a strong state of being in Scorpio.
- Neecha Bhanga Raj Yoga happens in this chart as the Neech effect of the planet Moon gets reversed and it starts giving good results.
2. If debilitated planet’s sign lord is exalted in Kendra and aspects the debilitated planet. Neecha Bhanga Raj Yoga is formed and the planet loses its debilitation and starts giving good results instead of bad results.
- In the chart, Moon is weak or Debilitated in the Sign of Scorpio (8) in the 11th house.
- Lord of the 11th house Mars, is sitting in the 4th house in its own sign Aries (1).
- Mars is also in the Kendra Houses where the 4th house is said to be one of the Kendra houses.
- Mars also aspects or looks at the 11th house with its 8th aspect where Moon is positioned.
- Moon gets its debilitation cancelled due to the aspect of Mars on the 11th house. Additionally, the Neecha Bhanga Raj Yoga gets more prominent because Mars is also in Kendra and in its own sign Aries(1).
3. Neecha Bhanga Raj Yoga is also formed when the ruler of the sign of the debilitated planets sits in Kendra from Lagan or Moon chart.
- In the Chart, Mars is in the 1st house in the sign of Cancer(4) which is the debilitation sign for Mars.
- However, Lord of the sign Moon, is in it’s own sign Cancer(4) while Jupiter is also with Mars and Moon in an exalted state(Cancer).
- Here, lord of the sign Moon, is in Kendra house that is the first house. And also with Mars, the planet that has been debilitated due to Moon‘s own sign Cancer.
- Therefore, Neecha Bhanga Raj Yoga takes place here. In this special chart, multiple instances of Neecha Bhanga Raj Yoga take places that make the Raj Yoga more stronger and powerful.
- Here the native will be saved from the bad and negative effects of the planet Mars being weak in his chart, thus, cancellation of debilitation takes place here.
4. The planet that is debilitated becomes exalted in Navamsa Chart (D9), then also Neecha Bhanga Raj Yoga takes place.
According to this Sloka for Neecha Bhanga Raj Yoga, if the planet in debilitation is weak in the birth chart but if the same planet is exalted in the D9 Navamsa Chart, Neecha Bhanga Raj Yoga takes place here.
For example, we all know that Mars is exalted in Capricorn(10) and Debilitated in Cancer(4). If Mars is in Cancer in any house in the birth chart, but if the same planet Mars is in Capricorn in any house in D9 Navamsa Chart, Neecha Bhanga Raj Yoga applies to Mars.
So, these were the most common and most prominent ways by which Neecha Bhanga Raj Yoga happens in a birth chart. However, one has to remember and take note of one thing that Neecha Bhanga Raj Yoga doesn’t mean that the planet that has had it’s the cancellation of debilitation will start to give results like an exalted planet.
Not at all and this is wrong. Neecha Bhanga Raj Yoga is a Raj Yoga because one of the planets that was supposed to be weak in the chart is now not giving weak results and instead giving good results but not excellent results.
Surely, when planets like Mars, Sun gets debilitated, the person will still have to face hardships and difficulties due to the planet being in the wrong sign, however, it gets an extra layer of protection and the person will be saved by the planets that caused the cancellation.
In simple, it is like getting an Umbrella on a rainy day, yes, the person will get wet but it won’t be as bad as getting wet on a rainy day without an umbrella.
Over time, once the main dasha of the debilitated planets crosses in a person’s life, it’s like the person has managed to overcome the rainy days and when the goods times come into the person’s life, especially during the Main Dasha of planets that supported the Neecha Bhanga Raj Yoga, the person will get amazingly good results. For sure the debilitated planets will start to give good results too and that itself becomes a Raj Yoga.
I have seen people having Neecha Bhanga Raj Yoga when Moon gets Debilitated having a bad brain disease, however, the same person also has one of the most talented minds and lots of creative imagination. The person was heavily prone to addictions, and bad habits due to debilitation moon however, it was his Mental disease that protected him from getting into alcoholism and other bad habits. This is what Neecha Bhanga Raj Yoga does to a person.
If the Raj Yoga happens in Wealth houses, you can say it’s a very Vipreet situation. The person may lose a lot of money in the early stage of his life, however, overtime, when the Raj Yoga gets activated, the person eventually becomes very wealthy.
- Animal Astrology2 years ago
Significance of Pigeons Coming To Your House
- Astrology1 year ago
How To Read Navamsa Chart In Vedic Astrology (D9 Chart)
- Astrology11 months ago
Benefits of Chanting Siddha Kunjika Stotram
- Animal Astrology10 months ago
Benefits of Feeding Dogs in Astrology: How They Help Remove Graha Dosh
- Astrology1 year ago
Massive Fame In Vedic Astrology
- Animal Astrology11 months ago
Meaning of Owl Coming To Your House Or Seeing One| Owl Symbolism in Vedic Astrology
- Astrology1 year ago
Budh Aditya Yoga Benefits In Different Houses: Can It make you Ultra Successful?
- Animal Astrology1 year ago
Bird Poop Meaning In Vedic Astrology: Does it Bring Good Luck?