The 3rd House Lord in the 2nd house is a very interesting combination as here, the 3rd house is making a 12th to 1st relationship with the 2nd house. Here 3rd house is associated with siblings, courage, hardwork, determination, will power, motivation, ability to make efforts, short travels, communication and even hobbies.
The 2nd house as we know represents our family, family values, speech, food, food habits and most importantly wealth or accumulated wealth in our life. The 3rd house is one of the Upchaya Houses, meaning that the results of the house improve as time progresses. The 2nd house is a Marak house, and the 3rd house lord being here is actually a weak combination. The main reason being it is 12 houses from the 2nd house. The 12th house is the house of losses, challenges, difficulties, isolation, and separation.
When the 3rd house lord is in the 2nd house, it is said that the native will be corpulent. He will face challenge and difficulties in obtaining wealth or maintaining wealth. He will be devoid of valour or lack courage and bravery and will have eyes on the wives of others. Here, the hardwork of the native is going to the 12th house which is the house of losses. The native can become a coward, or he will have weak willpower.
Key points to remember about the 2nd house and the 3rd house
- The 3rd house is a Upchaya House, which means that the results of the house improve as time passes by.
- The 2nd house on the other hand is a Marak house, which means that it has the capacity to destroy something or bring the person closer to his death.
- Mars and Rahu are the Karak planets in the 3rd house. These planets give very good results when they are placed in the 3rd house. Along with Sun which also gives excellent results.
- Benefic planets in the 3rd house improves the positive significances of the 3rd house. Natives are blessed with good Siblings, and will possess good will power and communication skills.
- Benefic planets in the 2nd house grants wealth to the native. Natives are able to build and make money in their life. They are blessed with good family support.
- Malefic planets in the 2nd house is not considered good as it destroys the significances of the 2nd house. The native faces challenges in earning and accumulating wealth. While, in the 3rd house, Malefics give good results, but separates or creates problems in the relationship with their siblings.
Effects of 3rd house lord in the 2nd House
- The 3rd house as we know is the house of hardwork and siblings. This house represents our will power, our courage, capacity to work hard and put in effort. It also indicates valour, communication skills, media, hobbies and short travels.
- The 2nd house is the core house of wealth. It is the house that represents how much wealth we can accumulate in our lifetime. It also represents our family, speech, food habits, family values and family business.
- Here, the 3rd house lord is sitting in 12 houses away from its own house, and here, it is indicating that handwork is going into the house of losses. This tells us that such a native has weak capability to work hard.
- The 3rd house lord sitting in the 2nd house denotes that the native lacks will power and is a coward. The native can face lots of problems in giving his full potential and effort into his work or career.
- It can be difficult for such natives to take initiatives in his work. He may feel doubtful, or fear the uncertainty of results from his hard work, which makes such natives take less risk in life.
- However, such natives can become a skilled talker or speaker. As the Karaka of communication is going directly into the house of speech. Such natives can do very well in careers or work related to speaking and communication. Especially, if the 2nd house lord is a benefic planet like Mercury, Jupiter or Venus.
- Now, both the 2nd house and the 3rd house are the houses related to lust as well. Such natives can become very lustful, due to which, he/she may get attracted to extra marital affairs even after marriage. This is the reason why the native can have bad sexual habits.
- The native may have to go on several short journeys or travels in order to gain wealth in his life. As the 3rd house is also the house of short travels.
- If the 3rd house lord is a natural malefic, he may face disputes with his younger siblings and relatives. If it is a benefic planets, such a natives will gain good support from his siblings, however, he may live far away from them.
3rd House lord in the 2nd house for different ascendants
For Aries ascendants, Mercury is the lord of the 3rd house and is sitting in the 2nd house in the sign of Taurus. Here, Mercury is also the lord of the 6th house, and Mercury being in the 2nd house denotes that the native can lose his inheritance or parental property or face problems in it. If the 2nd house is under any malefic influence, then the native can lose his wealth due to his wrong decisions. However, if the 2nd house is under benefic influence, then the native will become wealthy in his lifetime.
For Taurus Ascendants, Moon is the lord of the 3rd house and is sitting in the 2nd house in the sign of Gemini. Here, Moon is in the house where Mercury is a Karaka planet. Therefore, here the native will be clever, and intelligent. However, the native can frequently suffer from diseases related to flu, cough and cold. The native will gain inherited wealth and properties in his life, however, if the 2nd house is under malefic influence, then the native will face problems regarding inheritance.
For Gemini Ascendants, Sun is the lord of the 3rd house and is sitting in the 2nd house in the sign of Cancer. Here, Sun gives good results in the 2nd house, as it is in a friendly house of Moon. If Sun is under benefic influence, then the native will have very wealthy in his lifetime. He will posses many conveyances and peacefulness in his life. However, If Sun here is under malefic influence, then the native will suffer from eye problems.
For Cancer Ascendants, Mercury is the lord of the 3rd house and is sitting in the 2nd house in the sign of Leo. Mercury here can create problems related to inheritance and parental wealth and properties. The native may have to face a situation in life where he has court cases related to inheritance. The native may spend a lot of money on resolving such matters. Here, the native should learn how to control one’s speech as speak wisely, as his speech can create problems for him. While, Mercury from the 2nd house aspects the 8th house and grants long life to the native.
For Leo Ascendants, Venus is the lord of the 3rd house and is sitting in the 2nd house in the sign of Virgo. Here Venus creates a Maha Dhan Yoga and the native will become very wealthy in his life through his own hardwork and Karma. However, since Venus is in its debilitated sign, the native can face obstacles regarding marriage, delays in marriage. The native will be very interested in learning about astrology, vedas, hidden knowledge and other forms of occult sciences.
For Virgo Ascendants, Mars is the lord of the 3rd house and is sitting in the 2nd house in the sign of Libra. Here, the native can face problems related to his wealth and inheritance. The native may become very troubled or worried due to his parental properties and inheritance. The native can suffer from eye related problems. The native will possess a harsh style of speaking due to which he can face lots of problem in his life.
For Libra Ascendants, Jupiter is the lord of the 3rd house and is sitting in the 2nd house in the sign of Scorpio. The native can face problems accumulating and saving wealth in his life. The native will be able to earn a lot of money, however, his wealth can get stuck in debt or loans. If Sun is also with Jupiter in the 2nd house, then the native will become wealthy. However, if Jupiter is alone, then the problems with money becomes more.
For Scorpio Ascendants, Saturn is the lord of the 3rd house and is sitting in the 2nd house in the sign of Sagittarius. Saturn here grants the native with good family, inheritance, parental wealth, wealth and such natives are able to save a lot of money and wealth. The native will also have a long life. Here Saturn also makes the native become very wealthy in his lifetime.
For Sagittarius ascendants, Saturn is the lord o the 3rd house and is sitting in the 2nd house in the sign of Capricorn. Saturn here creates a Maha Dhan Yoga and in that case, the native is blessed with immense wealth and prosperity in his lifetime. The native will become a good speaker, and will possess good communication and speaking skills. He will be able to influence others with his speech. The native is also very truthful.
For Capricorn ascendants, Jupiter is the lord of the 3rd house and is sitting in the 2nd house in the sign of Aquarius. The 2nd house is also the house that represents our eyes, and Jupiter sitting here, creates problems in the eye of the native. Here, the native can face problems with his wealth and money, his wealth may get destroyed or he can be at loss. If Moon is weak in the birth chart, then the native can waste his wealth due to debt and enemies.
For Aquarius ascendants, Mars is the lord of the 3rd house and is sitting in the 2nd house in the sign of Pisces. Mars here grants the native wealth, inheritance and family happiness to the native. However, one should remember that, if Mars is afflicted in the 2nd house, the native will be prone to facing accidents and sudden trips and falls in his lifetime. The native through his hardwork and self-efforts will acquire all of his success and wealth in his lifetime.
For Pisces ascendants, Venus is the lord of the 3rd house and is sitting in the 2nd house in the sign of Aries. The native can face problems related to his health and wellness. Especially diseases such as diabetes or sugar. Such natives will be fond of eating sweets and delicious food, however, that will be the reason for his health problems. If such natives do not control their eating habits, they are vulnerable to getting sick. However, the native will have long life as Venus from the 2nd house aspects the 8th house which is its own house.