Out of the 12 houses, the 2nd house stands for the belongings of the person. It is known as the house of possession and represents all the things that the person owns or possesses. This planet mostly stands for money and material things. It also goes beyond them to the feelings and emotions of a person.
The Sun is regarded as the most important celestial body. The Sun is a powerful planet, and because of this, its energy can hinder that of other planets. A strong Sun can make a person confident and equipped with a robust will. A weak Sun, on the other hand, will make someone doubt themselves. The sun is a dominating and important figure in astrology. It governs the Phalguni, Krittika, and Uttara Ashadha Nakshatras. The Sun is exalted at 10 degrees of Aries and afflicted at 10 degrees of Libra.
Sun in 2nd house in general will make the person wealthy and rich. They will have a lavish life with every luxury. But if the Sun is weak, then it can make the person go down to rags and hinder all their ways of earning money.
Let’s see in detail the effects of the Sun in the 2nd house.
Aspects of Life Affected due to Sun in 2nd house
Several aspects of the life of a person are affected by Sun’s position in the 2nd house. The aspects of life that are affected by the Sun in 2nd house are:
- Sun in 2nd position affects the health of a person.
- It impacts the person’s ambitions, dreams, and goals.
- Finances, wealth, and richness of the person are also affected.
- A person’s social status and public image are affected by Sun in 2nd house.
- The person’s overall performance in their professional life is affected as well.
Positive Effects of Sun in 2nd House
The Sun in the 2nd house will bestow the native with prosperity and a lot of wealth. In addition to being wealthy, they have fortunate luck on their side. These people will own a lot of precious metals and might have a lot of servants in their homes. They can be so rich that they might even own horses. Though they have a lot of money, these people use their money wisely. Along with having a lot of money, they will be popular as well. These people are generous and donate to charities as well.
The huge wealth that these people own will help build their confidence as well. It will increase their self-assurance and self-esteem. In turn, all this will help them in building their career.
With Sun in the 2nd house, inhabitants have strong moral character. These people are benevolent and humane and a myriad of people will like them. Because of their good and compassionate nature, they will have a lot of friends. They are also incredibly responsible and reasonable, which inspires great trust in others. The family is a big part of their life and will do anything they can to make sure they have a great life. Sun in 2nd house Vedic astrology states that they are also admired for always maintaining their commitments and never breaking their promises.
Sun in the 2nd house individuals is inclined towards nature and art as well. They appreciate aesthetics and beauty. In any task, they keep in mind quality rather than quantity. These people will always get things that match their sense of quality.
Additionally, those with the Sun in the 2nd house are capable of making intelligent conversation and are effective in speaking.
Negative Effects of Sun in 2nd House
The negative effects of the Sun in the 2nd house will bring arrogance and pride upon the individual. These people can have a difficult time if they have a lot of arrogance. These people can get angry quickly and they will be unkind people.
A weak Sun in the 2nd house can make the person lose all their money and all their methods of earning money will never work. These inhabitants need to be cautious with their money. They should refrain from acquiring numerous material items and must avoid expensive things at most. They ought to practice frugality as much as they can and must understand that it’s not necessary to always pay more for quality.
These people will lack a sharp mind and become absent-minded. Problems within their family life might surface as well. Their relatives might never lend them a hand and leave them stranded in times of need. Problems with their significant others will become inevitable as well. Their married life can become a depressing one as their partner might never try to make them happy.
Additionally, those with the Sun in the second house might be afraid to leave their comfort zone. They believe that there should be no threat or danger to them. This will hugely impact their life improvement.
Remedies for Sun
If you are of the people under the negative influence of the Sun, you don’t need to worry there are remedies for it. Vedic Astrology comes with several remedies for the ill effects of the Sun.
- First off, make the habit of waking up early and looking at the rising sun.
- Every morning you must offer water to the Sun.
- Donate red clothes and other things of red color.
- Donate medicines to the needy and the poor as well.
- Chant the Surya Beej Mantra: “Om Hraam Hreem Hruam Sah Suryay Namah” every day. The mantra will result in positive effects from the sun.
- Ruby is auspicious for Sun. Therefore to reduce the ill effects of the Sun can be reduced by wearing Ruby with appropriate metal on Sundays.
- Try not to eat non-vegetarian meals often.
- Performing yoga postures is considered to be effective as well to lessen the negative effects of the Sun. The most powerful psychic center of the body known as “Sahasrara Chakra” or Solar Plexus Chakra is where the energy of the Sun is located. Therefore every day you must concentrate on the top of your head, the location of Sahasrara Chakra before going to bed or early in the morning. While doing this you should also chant the mantra “Om Rhim Rhim Surjaya” inside your mind. Also, sit in the Sukhasana pose, which is cross-legged, with a straight back and closed eyes.
With Sun in the 2nd house will either make the person live a lavish life or will bring them down to being extremely poor. The former is if the Sun is strong, but if the Sun is weak then the negative effects are to be felt. But don’t worry too much. If you are feeling the negative effects of the Sun, then there are remedies you can perform to please the Sun and decrease the intensity of the negative effects.