Neelam stone is one of the most powerful stones according to several gemologists and astrologers. It is also the stone, that gives the quickest results. It is the main gemstone for the planet Saturn and it is called the “Blue Sapphire” Gemstone.
The Neelam Stone is essentially worn to remove or protect oneself from the negative effects of the planet Saturn. Saturn as we know is one of the most feared planets in Vedic Astrology, as it is known to cause lots of troubles, struggles into the life of the person. However, Saturn is also one of the most generous planets among all 9 planets, despite of it giving bad results.
Astrologers usually recommend some people to wear the Neelam stone, if the planet Saturn is favorable to the native. Besides, having the benefits of removing the negative effects of planet Saturn, the Neelam Stone also comes with the follow benefits.
- Blesses the native with wealth, luck, prosperity, opportunities and success in life.
- Boosts the metabolism and energy levels of the native.
- Provides mental clarity and focus of mind.
- Removes laziness and improves focus and makes one active.
- Helps the native achieve self-discipline and self-control in life.
- Protects the native from evil-eye and jealousy.
- Protects the native from his enemies.
- Removes negativity and fear from life.
- Has the potential to give name, fame and reputation to the native in a very short time.
- Provides willpower to the native and the ability to be persistence and hard-working.
How to wear the Neelam Stone?
Neelam stone should be worn in either gold or silver. As in these metals, Neelam stone is known to give the best results. The ideal weight of the stone must be between 4 to 7 carats.
It should be worn in the right hand middle finger. While, wearing the ring, the stone base should touch the skin of the native while wearing it.
The Neelam Stone should always be worn during Saturday morning, at the time of Shukla Paksha. Remember, the sky should still be dark before wearing it.
While, before wearing the ring, you can dip the Neelam Stone into pure Ganga water for 24 hours. This is remove all impurities and it will energize the stone. Once immersed, take out the ring on a Saturday Morning and before wearing it, chant the Shani Dev Beej Mantra (ॐ शं शनैश्चराय नम:) for 11 or 108 times.
Rituals to wear the Neelam ring.
- Place a black asana which should face the west direction and sit on it.
- Immerse the Neelam ring in copper bowl filled with Pure Ganga water.
- Wash the ring and after washing it, put in inside a black cloth.
- The Black cloth should have Saturn or Shani Yantra drawn on it.
- Pray to Lord Shani Dev, offer flowers, incense.
- After that chant the following mantra 108 times.
Aum Sham Shanaishcharaye Namah Aum/
Om Namo Bhagwate Vasudevaya
After you’ve chanted the mantra, you can now wear the ring. It is advisable that one should also chant the Hanuman Chalisa along with Shani Mantra as it is very auspicious.
Once worn, one should donate black objects, feed roti to black dogs or he can also pour water in a copper bowl and drop them into the roots of a Peepal tree.
So, this was how you actually wear the Neelam stone. It is very important to dip the ring into Gangajal or pure ganga water overnight before wearing it. However, is it necessary that one has to get black cloth. The answer is it’s really not. However, if one does it, it’s always auspicious. But always remember to chant the mantra 108 times and also to wear the ring before the Sun rises. It should be fairly dark in the morning and that is the best time to wear the Neelam Ring.