In Vedic Astrology, the 1st house is known as the Ascendant, and it is said to represent the self. The 1st house begins at the moment of birth, when the soul enters the body. This house is said to influence one’s personality, physical appearance, and overall health.
While the 7th house is the house of our spouse. It is the house of marriage, partnerships and relationships. As a result, the first house lord in the seventh house indicates that the native’s focus will be solely on their married life, their loved one, and partnerships. For them, relationships take priority over everything else, and they’ll go to any length for their partners. These are natives who find their true self through the influence of their spouse.
Relationships, Partnerships and their life partner becomes very important in their life and it’s through their spouse that they discover themselves and also grow in their life.
Today, in this article, we’ll discuss about the effects of 1st house lord in the 7th house.
1st House in Vedic Astrology
The 1st house in Vedic Astrology is known as the house of self. It represents our physical body, our personality, and our ego. This is the house that shows how we appear to the world. It is also the house of our health and vitality. The 1st house is ruled by the planet Mars, which is associated with energy, action, and assertiveness. The 1st house is an important indicator of our overall wellbeing. If this house is strong, we are likely to be healthy and balanced. If it is weak, we may suffer from health problems or feel out of alignment with our true selves. Paying attention to the 1st house can help us to understand our physical and emotional needs and make necessary changes to restore balance in our lives.
The 1st house is known as the “Lagna” or “Ascendant”. It’s a very important house as which ever house, the 1st house lord sits in, it brings growth and expansion in things related to that house. It’s the only house that always brings positive results in houses that connect with it.
The Karak planet in the 1st house is Sun and Jupiter and the main significator of the house is Mars. Sun and Jupiter gives excellent results in the 1st house, while, Mars also gives very strong results.
Rahu, Ketu and Saturn also give good results, but may create some problems in the life of the person. It also rules your self-image and ego.
7th house in Vedic Astrology
In Vedic Astrology, the 7th house is associated with relationships and marriage. This house represents our ability to connect with others and form lasting bonds. It shows our capacity for intimacy and commitment, as well as our potential for growth through relationships.
The 7th house also reveals our attitude towards marriage and partnerships. In general, the 7th house is a very important indicator of our relationship karma. If this house is strong, we are likely to attract healthy and supportive relationships into our lives.
If it is weak, we may struggles in our close relationships or attract toxic partners. either way, the 7th house provides valuable insights into our love life and can help us create the relationships we desire.
The Karak planet for the 7th house is Saturn and the main significator is the planet Venus. However, Venus doesn’t bring good effects in the 7th house. While, Mercury is also a Karak planet in the 7th house. The 7th house is also a Marak Bhava.
1st House Lord in the 7th House
- The native’s life will revolved around dealing with matters of marriage, married life, partnerships, business and materialistic things.
- The 7th house is a Marak house as it blocks the native’s true life goal which is attaining moksha. Therefore, benefic planets in the 7th house gives inauspicious results, especially, Venus and Jupiter.
- The native becomes very materialistic. He will want and wish for materialistic things in life.
- The native can become a great businessman. The native gains excellent business skills. Especially, if Mercury is posited in the 7th house, the native gains good communication, business and management skills in his life.
- If the 1st house lord is a malefic planet, the native will face problems in his married life. The spouse of the native may suffer from health problems.
- The native can be famous in his lifetime. Such natives may not have time to give to their family.
- While, Venus and Jupiter as the lord of the 1st house sitting in the 7th house will destroy the 7th house. The native will face marriage problems, arguments and fights in marriage if Venus is the lord of the 1st house. However, the native’s spouse will have good health.
- The native will excel in his life though his spouse. The spouse of the native will be a influential person for the native in his life.
- The native will quickly grow in life after his marriage. Marriage will unlock the “Bhagya” or so called fate and fortune of the native.
- If the 1st house lord planet is a benefic planet, the native will have a good relation with his spouse and with opposite sex.
- Possibility of marrying one’s soulmate from previous birth.
- The native will be a natural entrepreneur.
- The native’s favorite time of the day will be evening.
- The native’s spouse can be his business partner and if it is so, it will be good for the native.
Sun as the Lord of the 1st house, sitting in the 7th house
- The native will be intelligent, bold, strong and influential. He will have a very attractive personality.
- The native will be very authoritative in nature, he will possess a dominant personality.
- The native will have a deep thirst for power and dominance, however, such natives should control one’s ego and also think of the needs of others.
- The native’s biggest challenge in life becomes his ego. This can make it hard for the native to adjust in his relationship with his spouse.
- The native will be bright, and will gain success in his career and profession.
- The native will be wealthy and rich in his life.
- The native can get great success in business, while, he may own his own business.
- The native can get good scope in the fields of government and politics.
Moon as the Lord of the 1st house, sitting in the 7th house
- If Moon is positioned alone in the 7th house, with no planets on 6th house or 8th house, then Moon here creates problems in the married life of the person.
- The native can face problems in business and his efforts in growing a business. He can face lots of ups and downs in his business or work.
- Moon here will create obstacles in getting success for the native.
- Moon here weakens, the personality and individuality of the native. He may feel less confident or sometimes, he can lack motivation. His motivational level will never be constant or stable.
- Venus and Moon are two female planets that don’t give good results in the 7th house. It create obstacles and challenges in the married life of the person.
- However, if there are planets with Moon in the 7th house, then the negative effects of Moon in the 7th house will be less.
- While, if Moon is afflicted by Rahu, Ketu or Saturn, then the negative effects of Moon will be more prominent.
- The native can get lazy.
Mars as the Lord of the 1st house, sitting in the 7th house
- Mars in the 7th house makes the native “Manglik”. Manglik Dosh in the birth chart can create troubles in the life of the natives in terms of marriage and partnership. It can also affect his career, business and profession.
- However, the Manglik Dosh created here in the 7th house is weak as the 7th house is ruled by either Libra or Taurus Zodiac sign. As from the 7th house, Mars directly aspects the 1st house where Mars gives lots of strength to the Lagan or 1st house.
- The native will be very courageous, strong, physically fit, strong willed and brave. He will be confident and will appear like a soldier or warrior.
- However, if the 7th house is afflicted by planets like Rahu, Ketu or Saturn, then the native’s married life will be completely destroyed. He may have to face the situation of divorce or he may have 2 marriages in his life. The aspect of benefic planets like Jupiter reduces the negative effects of Mars in the 7th house.
- Mars here can make the native have a bad relation with his spouse. He may frequently argue or have fights with his spouse.
- The native will be short-tempered, irritable and will lack patience. He will get angry very fast.
- However, the native can get great success in business or profession. The native will become an excellent businessman and he can earn and create lots of wealth through business. Especially, in the business of restaurants, bricks, land, or building materials.
- Even if the native chooses to work at a job, he will gain lots of success in his profession.
- Such natives should respect one’s spouse and by doing so, they will gain blessings in life which will help them prosper in business, career and life.
Mercury as the Lord of the 1st house, sitting in the 7th house
- The native will have a very attractive personality. He will be able to influence others with his personality and character.
- Such natives have the ability to attract others.
- The native will gain good success and will be able to make great fortune and wealth through business.
- The native can become a very successful businessman in his life. As Mercury is the Karak planet for Business and is sitting in the house of business and trade, which is the 7th house.
- The native can also gain good success in the businesses that use voice or speech as a medium of selling.
- While, the native can also get great success in the business related to education and learning.
- The native will have excellent communication skills.
Jupiter as the Lord of the 1st house, sitting in the 7th house
- Jupiter here brings problems in the married life of the person. The personalities of the both the spouses may not match due to which, the relationship can be troublesome.
- However, if Jupiter is not alone in the 7th house, then the negative effects will be reduced.
- If Mercury is strong in the birth chart, and is posited in a friendly position with Jupiter, then, the native will experience growth in business and wealth.
- The native will be able to become rich and wealthy in his lifetime.
- His personality will thrive and improve and he will be hard working.
- However, if Mercury is posited in 3, 2, 12, 11 houses, then the native may not get a lot of success in business. He will face problems in his married life and the native can become lazy.
Venus as the Lord of the 1st house, sitting in the 7th house
- Venus in the 7th house will make the personality and character of the native very attractive. People will be drawn towards the native.
- The native will also be good looking and beautiful or handsome. The native will have a beautiful face, and a unique glow.
- However, Venus in the 7th house weakens the married life of the person. Here, the mindsets and personalities of both the spouses may not match due to which, the native can face arguments, power clashes and fights in the relationship.
- If Venus is alone, the negative effects of Venus in the 7th house becomes even more.
- The native’s spouse will be short-tempered and will have a irritable personality.
- The native can doubt his spouse or suffer from jealousy, due to which, the married life gets affected.
- The native will gain success in business and partnerships. The native can become a very good businessman, especially, the native can gain success in the business of women related products and services like clothes, fashion, hotels, restaurants, and jewelry.
- The native can suffer from health problems, while the spouse can also suffer from health issues.
Saturn as the Lord of the 1st house, sitting in the 7th house
- Saturn in the 7th house as the 1st house lord gives excellent results. As Saturn gets “Digbali” or gains natural strength in the 7th house.
- The native will gain great success in business and partnerships.
- The native will have a very smooth and happy married life, however, his marriage can be late in life or delayed.
- However, if planets like Rahu, Ketu or Mars is aspecting the 7th house, then the married life of the person will be fill with problems and challenges.
- Both the spouses will support for one another, but there will be little opportunity for love and romance.
- The native may have a unorthodox type of marriage, where he can marry someone with a child, or he may marry someone who is elder than him, or he can marry a widow.
- The native will have a very strong and powerful personality.
- The native will have lots of properties, and will be able to enjoy the comforts of good home, luxury and vehicles. He will be able to lead a peaceful and happy life.